FOOD WAREHOUSES SERVICES
Pest control is a crucial aspect of managing any warehouse facility, especially food warehouses. Cockroaches, mice, flies and other insects have no place in food warehouses since they can be a serious problem if they contaminate food supplies or worse yet, your reputation. This is why it is very important to get professional pest control services.
The most common stored food pests in food warehouses are the following:
- Indian meal moth
- Carpet or dermestid beetles
- Sawtoothed grain beetles
- Flour beetles
E&G Pest Solutions offers Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to take care and prevent pests from invading your food warehouse. Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a sustainable, science-based, decision-making process that combines biological, cultural, physical and chemical tools to identify, manage and reduce risk from pests and pest management tools and strategies in a way that minimizes overall economic, health and environmental risks (National IPM Roadmap).
When it comes to pest control of stored food products, we do not use insecticides as those would make the food toxic to humans. Our process is to simply locate the infestation and discard the food.
Here is how to proceed to get IPM service for your food warehouse:
- Schedule an appointment with E&G Pest solutions for a FREE-NON OBLIGATION ESTIMATE. Our representative will proceed with a detailed inspection identifying the source of your problem or potential infestation conditions.
- E&G Pest Solutions will put together a plan according to the needs of your warehouse in order to treat and prevent pests from taking place in your food warehouse.
- Once you acquire our services, we will provide the treatments in a regular basis. If you don’t see any active pests we will still visit your location for regular inspections to make sure there are no potential infestation conditions and prevent them from becoming a bigger problem.
Even though there is no foolproof way of preventing pests from entering warehouses, keeping your warehouse in good repair reduces the ways of pests getting in.
TIPS FOR WAREHOUSE OWNERS
- Cleaning; keeping your facility clean will make it less attractive for pests. Clean any spilled food products, keep tight control over your employee’s food waste, keep it in designated areas only and have it removed from those areas after each meal.
- Sanitation; a regular cleaning schedule that focuses on the hidden parts of your facility is very important in order to remove any potential pest harborage areas. This schedule should include hard reaching areas.
- Monitoring; regular monitoring can be the difference between sored product pests infesting one container or the entire room. Keep an eye for signs of possible infestations and call E&G Pest solutions if you realize any.
- Sealing; preventing pests from entering your facility is very important to prevent bad infestations. Entry points make your warehouse susceptible to pests, sealing cracks and crevices, closing opening, covering vents with wire screening and repairing damaged floor drains or tiles; your facility will not give pests access to your sensitive environment.
- Maintenance; plumbing and air conditioning should be maintained routinely in order to prevent leaks, which will keep pests from having a convenient supply of water to drink if they do make it into the warehouse.